Friday, January 30, 2015

Aveeno Commercial

This thirty-second 'Aveeno' commercial was my first directing assignment done for Acting and Directing class. I was lucky enough to direct and film this at a friend's house in Southern Highlands where it was the perfect setting for a sunscreen commercial. I did not use any lights for this shoot because it was outside, and I was using a Lumix GH4 4K camera with a 50MM and 24-135MM lens with variable ND filters on both of them. In this particular medium close-up shot, she was slowly walking towards me while I was walking backwards and using a glide cam. The sun was out that day, however the it was really windy that day so it gave me some complications with the microphone and my actress' hair was blowing everywhere. I used a windscreen on the microphone but the wind could still be heard in the recording. Also, I wanted to use my DJI Phantom II Vision Plus (Drone) but when I flew it, the weather conditions could not allow me to get a nice steady shot above her. Another issue I did not realize was that there was a huge mountain in the neighborhood of the house I was filming at, so the sun came down a lot earlier then I had expected. Besides the handling of the camera, it was also a good learning experience in directing because the purpose of this assignment for class was to direct talent. It was a lot more difficult then I had expected even after all the pre-production work because sometimes it is hard to explain the vision that is in your mind. Overall, it was a fun and great experience in directing.

You can watch the commercial by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment