Thursday, February 5, 2015

"Rabbit Hole" Dialogue Project

The "Rabbit Hole" dialogue project was manifested through my Acting and Directing class. I was fortunate to have two great actors in directing and filming this scene. The equipment I used was Lumix GH4 4K camera, three LED light panels, and a Rode NTG-2 shotgun microphone. Unfortunately, sound was my biggest obstacle because we were recording right next to a refrigerator, but I was planning to do re-recording of dialogue anyways so it was not too big of an issue. My two actors, Aaron and Katie did an amazing job because they both memorized the whole script so we were able to make this a quick shoot. We did a wide shot, medium shot, medium close-up on each character, and close-up on each character. After those shots, we did several cutaways and cut-ins. There was not much action in this so the actors really had to put a lot of emotion in it to give the scene a touching impact. I purposely made the set design messy and disorganized because that tells the story of the character's relationship. During the final edit, I did some color correction to make the mood more cold and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment